Monday 10 June 2013

Risk Assessment - Shoot 2

For the second time that I went out filming I was going to be shooting in a woodland area where there would be many risks involved whilst filming. There was were many risks in this location for various reasons as it was an unkempt woodland area which could prove quite dangerous in any circumstance even during daylight so it would be reasonable to take precautions while I was filming.

Risks
  • Uneven ground which could cause me to trip
  • Risk of damaging the equipment due to falling/dropping
  • Risk of injury due to falling
  • Higher elevation areas such as hills, which I could fall down
  • Risk of getting lost
  • Risk of being mugged/attacked
  • Risk of injury through attack by wild animal e.g. horses, foxes, snakes etc.
  • Risk of allergic reaction to certain types of plant, animal presence
  • Risk of drowning due to the presence of bodies of water such as ponds
  • Risk of water damage to the equipment 
  • Possibility of there being debris/sharp objects along the path e.g. shards of glass, barbed wire
These are the risks that are involved with the location that I chose for my second shoot and before and during filming they would need to be addressed to ensure my own and others safety such as:-
  • Walk carefully to avoid tripping/falling and causing damage to equipment or injury
  • Keep clear from elevated areas and bodies of water to avoid injury
  • Ensure that I stick to the clear path to avoid getting lost
  • Ensure that all equipment stays with me at all times
  • Stay away from any animals that may be in the area
  • Ensure that there is no sharp objects or debris around whilst filming or walking
  • Bring allergy medication

No comments:

Post a Comment