Thursday 6 June 2013

Contingency Idea

As I was unable to pursue my previous ideas due to the unavailability of willing participants for my music video, I am forced to follow a different idea as a contingency. I decided that as part of this I would produce a music video accompanied by an instrumental or orchestral piece of music, I would use ambient shots of nature such as flowers, trees and water to go along with the music as this would be the simplest and most appropriate way of accompanying the music style. I think that for this I should get a wide variety of shots of different ambient scenes in order to try and make it seem interesting during the editing process, also I should try to intercut different shots into the video so I would need to film a range of different shots that could be linked together almost like a narrative. I think that I should also try to film as many different ambient shots as I can in order to structure them together in an interesting way during editing, It would also prove useful if I could enhance all of these ambient shots with different effects during editing which would make it more visually appealing as the music played. The song I plan to use is an instrumental OST piece called "Kafuka Fuura" composed by Hasegawa Tomoki -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGgYSqT_S4Q. Its a very positive sounding piece which I think would work well with the ambient shots of nature and scenery so its an appropriate style of music for what I have planned and it also has very dramatic rises in pitch at some parts which i could take advantage of during editing, including a very simple rhythm which would make it easy to edit footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment