Sunday 26 May 2013

Music Video Contingency Plan

In the event that some of the plans for the production of my music video do not go the way i intended or if some do not work at all then I think it's a good decision to set up a contingency plan in the event of some of these occurrences.

  • Lack of available locations
  • Lack of willing participants 
  • Illness
  • Lack of useful props
  • Unable to film due to either people becoming unavailable/ injured/ ill, participants/actors not showing up etc.
In the event of any of these problems occurring I would need to rethink my plans entirely and even the concept of my video production if the problems persist. In the case of such a thing happening I intend to replace any concept I have with a backup, I believe that if something should go wrong it would only be right to have a contingency in place so that I have something to fall back on. My contingency plan will be something that does not involve using actors or complex locations, as these are the two most likely aspects to be unavailable in case of an emergency so I would assume these would be inefficient on short notice. I think the best way to get around this would be to produce a video that is either experimental or contains only ambient footage for either an instrumental or classical piece of music as this would give me more options during both the filming and editing processes, this way I can cut out the use of actors or a host of different locations and it would allow me to create either something that is simply ambient or something with a at least some kind of narrative easily, also it leaves more options open for the editing process as it would likely require more effort to piece together the footage along with different effects and cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment