Friday 17 May 2013

Music Video Production - Initial Ideas

For my music video production there are a few ways in which I could produce it and the content that would be included with such as the song that will be used, these are some of my initial ideas before planning:-

1. Song: "Blackjack" with vocals by Megurine Luka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxmBr7v19EE

My initial thoughts were if I was to use this song in my production, given the songs title I could centre it around a card game, with various close up shots of the players faces, the cards, chips and use these shots to show their motion as the game goes on to make it seem dramatic. I also considered the inclusion of some shots that show the characters arm movements as they play, as well as shots of their eyes to make it seem menacing. Also I thought that I should include some shots of either dark streets or roads to set the scene a little bit more. Another aspect I thought would be possible was low key lighting effects to make the "players" look more serious as the game went on, although given some of the lyrics such as "plunge the knife forward" I thought I could include a darker element where the player would die if they lost a game, this gave the possibility of dramatic shots of their faces which the low key lighting would enhance, and there would be close up shots of their hands as blood dripped onto the cards, I could then have them collapse on the table with the blood mysteriously pouring from their eyes and body as if stabbed with an invisible knife, while the rest of the game continues on. I also thought of the possibility of some surreal elements to the video such as shots of some of the key playing cards such as the king, jack and queen that would represent a player and as they lost the card would be burned or start bleeding to signify their death. I also considered having intercut shots of objects such as a knife or something on fire, the playing cards being thrown through the air to make it seem chaotic.

2. Song: "Haunted" by Poe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3lBF2h-Pl0

For this idea I thought that it would include a more narrative aspect, as the song is rather sombre and depressing, I thought that as a way of showing this I could use shots of deserted streets and areas to make it seem lonely and isolated, another aspect would be the inclusion of a lone character that would be wandering through these isolated areas and I would include shots of them looking reflectively at windows and over the surface of water, the narrative being that someone close to them has passed away and their image would be reflected in the water or glass. I did think of some other shots that I could use such as close ups of random objects that could of belonged to the deceased person and they would be in a poor condition or covered in dust, to show they haven't been used in a long time since the owner died, I also considered the possible use of a close up of a picture with the deceased person however the picture is either blurred or in it was in a frame the glass cracked where the deceased's face should be. I thought that to aid the visuals in expressing the melancholy atmosphere I would shoot or edit the film to become completely grayscale with a total desaturation of color, I thought that doing something like that would help express the tone of the video and song. The video would then progress to the character travelling through the empty streets to wind up in a cemetery where they would come to stand infront of a grave where the spirit of the deceased would appear next to them as they looked at the gravestone, this could likely be done through the editing process by lowering the opacity on some of the footage so the other person appeared spectral to make it seem more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment